Remember when I told you about my bedroom makeover plans? Well, I’m proud to say that it finally happened. And I couldn’t be happier with the result. Our new bedroom is cozy, tidy and exactly what we wanted. On top of that, I’m getting the best sleep ever! That’s why you’ve seen a couple of bedroom-situated posts and pictures in the last few days. #sorrynotsorry So here it is, the story about my bedroom makeover and 5 tips for better sleep.
A Bedroom Makeover | Our New Bed and the Emma Mattress
A few weeks ago I was asked whether I wanted to receive and test a new mattress. And because our previous bed/mattress had been utter rubbish, I said yes. A few days later our new Emma Mattress* arrived at our doorsteps. It came in two big and heavy boxes but was super easy to assemble. The first two nights, we were sleeping on solely the mattress on the floor and fell head over heels in love with it.
Not much later, our new bed finally arrived too. We built it up, placed the “emma” upon it and marbled at its astonishing beauty. It’s just SO much cozier and prettier than the old one. The first night on the new bed was weird but incredibly satisfying. Weird because it’s much bigger, wider and higher than the old one. Satisfying because, oh boy is it comfortable. All in all, I’m incredibly happy with how our new bedroom turned out. We sleep so much better and whenever I enter the room a smile crosses my face due to the beauty of the new bed. I still jump into the bed with excitement and can’t believe what a difference a simple thing, such as a new mattress, can make. I’ll definitely never skimp on something like a that again.
Mattress: emma *
Bedding, Bedside Tables & Lamps: IKEA
Wall maps: Luckies of London
5 Tips for Better Sleep
1. BAN YOUR PHONE FROM YOUR BED(ROOM) = In theory, we all know how bad endlessly scrolling through our social feeds right before going to sleep is. However, I think the majority of us is still guilty of doing just that! Banning your phone from your bed works wonders, though. I recently started using the “bedtime mode” on my iPhone and it’s the dream.
2. DON’T STUDY / WORK IN FROM BED = Your bedroom (and especially your bed) should be your zen zone. Hence you shouldn’t study or work from bed. As a “work from home” person myself I know how hard that sometimes can be. However, in order to get the most out of your sleep, you just gotta work on your desk – or even couch.
3. GET YOURSELF SOME FANCY PYJAMAS = I always used to wear old clothes to bed. Old shirts I wouldn’t wear outside with underwear or cotton hot pants. Forget that! You’ll sleep so much better once you buy some fancy clothing designated for sleeping only. Also, there’s nothing better than feeling like a million bucks when you go to bed, rather than looking like a total mess in your eight-year-old satin hot pants from H&M boys.
4. INVEST IN A GOOD MATTRESS = This perhaps is the most important tip for better sleep. I’ve suffered from severe back pain for the past few years due to the bad mattress we had. And I’m 22 years old. I shouldn’t have back pain just yet, amirite? Investing in a high-quality mattress might not be the cheapest thing to do. However, it’ll work wonders for your sleep, health, and wellbeing.
5. ABSOLUTE SILENCE AND DARKNESS = When sleeping I need utter silence and darkness. And as far as I’ve researched that’s also what the pros recommend. It helps your body with sleeping, regenerating and having better sleep.
What do you think about my new bedroom? And do you have any other tips and tricks for better sleep? Let me know in the comments below :)