One of my all time favorite kind of posts on other blogs are random facts about the blogger. Maybe I’m just an incredibly nosy person but I do love to get to know the human behind the pictures and words. So for today’s Sunday Chat, I decided to do things a little bit different than usual. I know I do share a great deal of personal and private information in my columns.
However this time – inspired by one of my fav german bloggers Lina – I decided to straightforwardly tell you 11 facts about myself. The twist; one of them is a lie. Can you guess which one?
10 True Facts and a Lie
- When I was 13, I gave myself a tattoo with a pair of compasses and black ink. It’s a completely crooked star on my right hip and quite possibly the only thing I *really* regret doing in my teens.
2. I always wanted to have a pet pig. Or anything else non-mainstream. Cats are okay too, though.
3. I’m a really good baker. However, I’m talentless when it comes to decorating. So the cakes and sweets I bake usually end up looking horrible but tasting delicious. Well…
4. I never smoked. Sure, I tried it when I was around fourteen but I always found it disgusting. Nevertheless, every teacher during my high school years was 100% sure I’m the bad smoking kinda gal in the classroom.
5. I would always rather go to uni by foot than take the bus. Even when it’s pouring and freezing out.
6. I’m terrified of spiders. I just can’t cope with their crawly and creepy existence and immediately have to leave the room when I see one. Let alone encounter one when I’m home alone. Horrifying.
7. I always get sick during longer bus or car journeys and prefer any other means of transportation.
8. I entered my very first plane at the age of 18 when I was flying to the Hunger Games premiere with a good friend of mine.
9. One of my guilty pleasures is eating jam right out of the jar with a spoon. Especially if it’s my grandmother’s homemade apricot marmalade. So good!
10. Miss Getaway isn’t my first blog. I took my first steps in the blogosphere when I was a teen, searching my true self, but quickly stopped again because I was anxious anyone I know would find my internet presence and confront me.
11. In real life, I’m not even half as interesting as I appear to be on the blog. I hardly ever open up to strangers and people often mistake my introverted character for arrogance.
And, which one do you think is a lie? I’d love to read your guesses in the comments down below!